Networking is the No1 unwritten rule of success in business. Sallie_Krawcheck
- Stay in touch with people you like and respect even if they can’t help you immediately. You don’t want to go to someone only when you are desperate.
- Talk to people you don’t know everywhere that you go.
- Learn to ask ‘what do you do?’ with comfort, sincerity and interest.
- Become a better listener. Ask a question and then be quiet until you hear the answer.
- Practice your own presentation skills. Learn more than one approach whether frank or subtle.
- Keep an updated brochure, business card, presentation of your business to showcase your venture wherever.
- Take classes to improve your public speaking, body language and writing skills.
- Follow up on any lead, no matter how minor.
Movies For Inspiration
"Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right?" Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)