Updated at: 2022/03/21
The Multifunctional Center (MFC) offers support and information for refugees in their native languages:
- Information about the situation in Greece, seeking asylum, legal status and rights of refugees
- Information about state agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Referrals to legal aid organizations
- Information and referrals for healthcare, housing, economic support, food and other basic needs
- Individualized social support (such as food, other basic needs, and referrals for medical treatment, housing and other services)
- Assistance with the procedure of renewing residence permits
- Help making appointments at hospitals, clinics, and the Hellenic Red Cross EHS (Educational Health Station)
- Medical services
- Psycho-social support in groups
- Interpretation over the phone with NGOs, state agencies, hospitals, doctors, etc.
- Social meeting place
- Play space and playgroups for children and parents
- After-school learning support and help with homework for children going to public school
- Greek and English language courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Job Counselling program ( that includes preparation of CV and motivation letter) and liaising with the labour market
- Volunteer training for people who want to help at the center
- Different activities for men, women, and children, also for different age groups
- Recreational activities and events
- Computers and WiFi
You need to make an appointment and have a member card to access services at the MFC.
To get a member card, you need to register at the MFC.
For more information on the services, call the hotline at +302105140440 or call on Whatsapp/Viber to +306934724893.
Whatsapp / Viber Number: +306934724893
Supported Languages: Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Pashto, Russian, French, English, Greek, Swahilli, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Turkish, Urdu, Mandingo, Malinke, Susu, Fula and Kissi
Due to Covid-19 restrictions please contact the service provider.
Accessibility & Additional Information
- This service is closed on public holidays: YES
- Appointment required: YES
- How should an appointment be made : Call or text WhatsApp/Viber
- Communication in sign language: NO
- The entrance to this location has a ramp: NO
- This location has an elevator: YES
- This location has female staff: YES
- This location has separate bathrooms for men and women: YES
- All Services Listed Are Free of Charge; YES
Address in Local Language.
Monday open from 09:00 to 19:00
Tuesday open from 09:00 to 19:00
Wednesday open from 09:00 to 19:00
Thursday open from 09:00 to 19:00
Friday open from 09:00 to 19:00
Kapodistriou 2, Athens
Address in local language