Updated at: 2022/07/29
The "KEM" Center for Integration of Migrants and Refugees (Κέντρο Ένταξης Μεταναστών) helps migrants and refugees access social services and social benefits.
You can get help with:
- Accessing public services (getting your social insurance number, tax number, welfare claims, unemployment card, declarations before the registry office, opening a bank account, information about public healthcare, referrals for primary medical care, registration at school, residence permits, asylum cases, support for women, etc.)
- Social support (information on benefits, rights, educational and entertainment programs, as well as help accessing various national support mechanisms)
- Psychological support and counseling for adults, women and teenagers
- Legal information and counseling
- Accessing employability services, trainings and language courses
- Referrals for municipality and state services, the Council for Integration of Migrants, local organizations, NGOs and migrant associations
You do not need an appointment the first time you come.
You will need an appointment for the service you need the next time you come.
Bring your ID, asylum card, passport, or residence permit and your AMKA.
The KEM also operates a mobile unit that visits other neighborhoods in Athens.
Ask at the KEM for more information and the schedule.
Maizonos 45 & Psaron
Monday open from 09:00 to 17:00
Tuesday open from 09:00 to 17:00
Wednesday open from 09:00 to 17:00
Thursday open from 09:00 to 17:00
Friday open from 09:00 to 17:00
Maizonos 45, Athens
Address in local language
Μαιζώνος 45 & Ψαρών