Updated at: 2022/04/11
Every day, people who find it difficult to buy their own medicines are forced to look for municipal social pharmacies or non-profit organizations if their medicines are available. Through the MEDforU service, we strive to put an end to this time-consuming process by immediately informing everyone about the availability of the medicines they need.
For individuals with access to mobile devices or computers, GIVMED developed the MEDforU application (medforu.org for Android) . Through the app, they search for the medicines they need, check availability in social pharmacies and the appropriate documentation in order to pick them up.
The MEDforU application is available in Arabic, Farsi, French, English, Greek and Ukrainian and it is provided for free.
The user can state his medication needs, based on a prescription he already has, in two ways:
• Trade name
• Active substance and concentration
When he/she has completed registering all the needs, by clicking on "Complete Order" he can see the social pharmacies where the needed medicines are available. The application, based on the needs that the user has registered, immediately and automatically recommends social pharmacies in which he can receive the medication he requested with specific documentation.
Specifically, the user sees a list of all social pharmacies and by clicking on one of them he / she sees:
• Social pharmacy details (name, address, telephone, opening hours)
• Necessary supporting documents for taking medicines
• Details of medicines available (medicinal product name, active substance, quantity available, expiry date)
For more specific instructions check the tutorial video in English here.
For further information and support you can contact GIVMED’s team by calling at
+30 2103007222 or through email at email@example.com.
- At the moment, most of the social pharmacies and non-profit organizations with availability in medicines are based in Attica.
- Social pharmacies and non-profit organizations are closed on public holidays and weekends.
- Communication in Greek and English
- The MEDforU app is available in Arabic, Farsi, French, English, Greek, Ukrainian.
- The MEDforU service is free of charge