Updated at: 2022/12/21
Immediate Social Assistance Line 197
The "197" Immediate Social Assistance Line operates free of charge for citizens as a 24-hour emergency line. It is staffed with specialized social workers and psychologists and is addressed to the entire population experiencing a problem of a psychosocial nature, but mainly to individuals, families and vulnerable populations who are going through some form of crisis or emergency such as:
- victims of domestic violence.
- adults and the elderly in need of immediate psychological and social assistance.
- persons in crisis and at risk of injury.
- victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual or economic exploitation.
- victims of natural and other disasters.
Operation of Line "197"
- operates on a 24-hour basis, seven days a week and all year round
- provides urgent counseling and psychological support
- provides immediate information on social welfare issues
- activates and coordinates the mechanisms of emergency on-the-spot social intervention
- refers to the other Units and Services of the Network of Ε.Κ.Κ.Α. and connects with other Services and Organizations of the Social Solidarity Network those who need further assistance
- maintains a system for recording data on demand and services provided.