Updated at: 2022/03/01
National Child Protection Line 1107.
It is staffed with specialized social workers and psychologists and is aimed at children and adolescents and those who have to report and wish to work out problems or questions concerning minors.
· Provides counseling, psychological, and social support to minors and parents.
· Informs and advice minors about issues that concern them and their parents about issues of raising and child protection issues and will refer them to the Social Protection Services for their further service.
· Accepts requests and reports for at-risk minors (due to abuse, neglect, trafficking, exploitation or victimization who are unaccompanied or asylum seekers) who are facing crisis situations or engaging in illegal activities.
· Cooperates with the competent prosecutor's office and other services for the immediate social protection of minors at risk and juvenile offenders.
· Mobilizes the mechanisms of on-site emergency social intervention of Ε.Κ.Κ.Α. and other Services for the provision of social assistance to minors
· Collaborates with public and private child protection agencies for the immediate service of urgent requests for social care and protection of minors and support of their families
· Collaborates with public bodies at regional and local level (eg Juvenile Protection Groups) in order to conduct social research to investigate living conditions and identify the risks that threaten the minors for whom there have been requests, reports and corresponding prosecutorial orders.
· "Calls to 1107 line have a local charge and citizens can be informed by telecommunications providers about its exact amount"