Updated at: 2022/12/21
- RIC Diavata began its operation in September 2022.
- Residents are informed via an interpreter about the procedures during the registration stage as well as their obligations and rights during their stay at the RIC.
- Meals three (3) times a day in specific times.
- Necessary items for residents (e.g. bed linen, personal hygiene items, etc.)
- Accommodation in specially designed residential facilities that include a kitchen, bathroom, air conditioning as well as water supply and warm water from a solar water heater.
- Kindergarten school for children 4 to 6 years of age (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education)
- Soccer, basketball and volley fields that are available for use during the entire day (7.00 am to 22.00 p.m.), as well as specially designed entertainment rooms and gym available from 9.00, am to 16.00 pm.
- A safe area for women that offers psychological support, sensitization, information, as well as development of skills and personal interest activities in order to empower women (with the support of the NGO "Solidarity Now.") Additionally, the NGO offers counseling with regards to women's rights and obligations.
- Unofficial education in the context of the program ACE, implemented with ASB and DRC, and overseen by UNICEF. Children 4 to 18 years of age receive schooling for public education curriculum as well as Greek and English language instruction. They also participate in empowering activities.
- Use of laundry amenities (washing and drying machines)
- Certified pay area within the RIC for kindergarden and elementary school children
- Primary medical and psychological care (in collaboration with the National Public Health Organization
- Bathing and shower facilities available throughout the day.
- 24-hour security service provided by a private company, cleaning services and 24-hour technical support in the context of the facility management of the Ministry.
- Protection services for children as well as legal services provided by the International Organization for Migration.
- Training in the use of computers provided by the International Organization for Migration.
- Free access to the internet (REA)
Position Diavata, Military Camp Anagnostopoulou, palea simahiki odos Oreokastro Diavata, Thessaloniki
Address in local language
Θέση Διαβατά, Στρατόπεδο Αναγνωστοπούλου, παλαιά συμμαχική οδός Ωραιοκάστρου Διαβατά, Θεσσαλονίκη